10.28.2007

tale of two homes

i'm ridonkulously tired today, so i'll just throw it all out there for you:

i'm homesick.

i've been stuck in knoxville for a week solid so far, and i'm not 100 percent sure when i'll get to return to nashville. i know, the two cities are like less than 200 miles apart and i'm 25-years-old. shuda gotten over the whole homesick vibe, i don't know, my freshman year in college. (for the record, i only got quasi-homesick one time in college, and my home was more like 400 miles away from school). but college was fun and distracting. work is work and exhausting.

the thing is, i've still got three more weeks solid of being in knoxville. i'll probably be able to sneak home for like a night here and there, but that doesn't seem like it's going to assuage my illness, especially considering that whenever i do pop home, i still have roommates/roomdog to contend with.

i just want my own bed, my own living space, my own laundry facilities, control of the tv and a backyard flowerbed to dig around in on the crisp fall days.

i know, i'm selfish. sigh.

No comments: